News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Any info on Lake Casitas?

Started by xjchad, May 28, 2015, 01:25:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xjchad

Hi,
I just moved to Santa Paula recently.  Took the wife and kids up to Casitas on Monday to rent a boat for an hour and put around. Just wanted something different to do and we had a blast!

Anyway, I was wondering if any of you fish there and could give me some info on it?
I don't have a boat and won't rent one very often so I'd be fishing from the shore.  I love fishing for anything, but bass and catfish would be main targets.
Also, is there a way to get around the $15 parking/day use fee?
Thanks!
Chad

SevengillTheVC

Bass and Catfish is the name of the game there. I believe there are some crappie too. Don't know the best tactics or spots for that lake though.

xjchad

Thanks Adam,
I was thinking of using the long rod to flyline some mackerel chunks for cats.  I've read they have some pretty big ones in there.

raychavez91

Yeah, I've heard about the big cats....in paticular near timber or some kind of structure in the day

xjchad

Thanks Ray!
I saw a couple spots like that when we were cruising around in the rental boat.  :)

raychavez91

It's a real nice bass lake too...I've done really good with light line and jerbaits, ikas and dropshot etc, early?