News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

MB morning

Started by Limulus, August 21, 2014, 02:41:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Limulus

Got out today for the incoming again, hoping to have a few bonito hits. They came through, but once again, very quickly. There was about a 3 minute window when they came by close, even to just a few feet off the rocks, hitting topwater and sending baits flying. Only managed to grab one today.

This cheeky little bastard went about 30 yards out of his way to turn the corner and go after my squid pole. Tangled? No, not good enough for him as he cut that rig clean. Not to mention I had just spent precious time tying and retying it after having forgotten to put an egg on it. That earned this bone a place in the freezer as future bait.

Other than that, picked up two small bass on the squid.

This was the smaller one. No pic of the other one due to paddle boarders in the vicinity. Rather than attract them, I opted for a stealth release.

raychavez91

Beautiful colors on the bay bass dude, and look forward to hearing what will eat the mini tuna 8)

sasquatch

Wish it wasn't so far, I'd be down to catch a bonito or two. Guess I'll have to stick to soaking perch.

Latimeria

Man, that looks like awesome shark bait.  Thanks for posting up Boss. 
We are overdue for a trip out in the Boma anyway.  Once I figure out what my immediate plans are, we'll get out and catch a freezer full of meat!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.