News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Big Baits

Started by Latimeria, June 16, 2015, 06:28:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latimeria

So, I lived in Wildwood Crest, NJ right on the beach for about 4+ years and loved it.  In that time, I found fossils on the beach and all crazy stuff, but never found a piece of discarded bait like this!  My friend Paul sent it to me this morning.  I told him to grab the long rod!

I've seen a lot of shark bit mammals over the years, but this one is pretty good.  Slurped him up like a pop stick!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Latimeria

Looks like a few different sharks also munched on him.  We get Bulls up in NJ, albeit being uncommon.  Doesn't look GW from this angle and the perfectly round bite mark.

WheresMyBeer

skrilla

Mental note: use a trailer hook when fishing big baits.  ;D

Pinoyfisher

Hammer-head? Awesome pic! Beats my sliced up seal.
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

Dave Legacy

Doesn't this spat of orca?

Latimeria

Quote from: Dave Legacy on June 27, 2015, 12:18:58 AM
Doesn't this spat of orca?
No orcas in NJ. ;)

vdisney

Quote from: skrilla on June 16, 2015, 10:19:20 AM
Mental note: use a trailer hook when fishing big baits.  ;D
;D ;D ;D
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

BackBayMan

Flipper? Is that you Flipper? Speak to me Flipper ;D
Anybody have an emergency beer?