News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Triple Duty Tuesday 6/16

Started by j.rasta, June 17, 2015, 09:18:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j.rasta

Well I had the day off so I attempted to take my cousin perchin in the mornin. My dumb ass decided on MB to stay close to his pad, only got one between us in the limited tourist/salad free agua we could fish. But there were perfect sized SC's and those came in handy at session #2.

Session #2 was the lil bay with Dave WMB and Rammer. I get there just as they're setting up and get the 10ftr Macked and bombed, and pin on 2 lil sc's to my perch rod. 10mins later I'm bit on the sc rod and it's a bigger bite at that, thought it was a lil bat but ended up being a nice shovel!

Not bad for 8lb test on the perch noodle B)

As Daves wrangling it in for me his rod goes off and he tells Rammer to grab it, bad idea, it was a donkey!  Thought it was his entry to the 50" club but ended up being a giant Diamond!

Almost 40" and had a straight up spear on it!

That drew a crowd including the lifeguard who ended up being a fellow fisherman. We shot the sh!t with him and he was a super cool dude named Troy. He was somewhat shocked at the monsters lurking in his patrol area. Dave gets on the board with a diamond of his own b4 Rammer gets a 30" bat and I got a decent sh!t shark on 2 more sc's on the noodle rod. Went pretty quiet b4 we headed out to the surf round 7ish.

Get to the surf and it's weedy but fishable, nothin for the 1st hr. I get a tap tap tap, get the rod outta the holder and swing and reel up an empty rig, as in nothing but braid... wtf? So I re rig but the weeds were just too thick and end up busting off on a 100+# stringer right in the wash but was able to rescue the rig and jus said f@ck it I'm jus gonna chill since it didn't seem like it was gonna let up and we were planning on leaving soon anyway. Just as I break off a dude shows up with some yellowtail rods, it turned out to be Troy the lifeguard from MB! Somehow he hunted us down after his shift ended. Maybe all the fishin stickers on my truck or the fact he saw my 14ftr hanging out the rod holders mounted in my truck bed as we left the bay... he was cool shot the sh!t and drank beers with us. Dfg showed up and checked us out and went on his way. The surf only produced  3 bait robbing rig mangling eels for dave and Rammer.

Not the best night, seems like all the big critters were at the other spots last night... oh well still a good time with good peeps and good beers ;)

Rastafar-gone B) <==*~~

1morecast

2016 Summer Shark Fishing Champion :)
Twenty Three (23)

WheresMyBeer

Right on Josh - good fishing with you as always.

That Diamond was huge. The picture actually doesn't show off how THICK she was. Big time prego. Nice Job Paul!!!

Got some soupy redemption solo tonight ...  :P :P :P

Pinoyfisher

That is a big a$$ diamond!!!!
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

sasquatch

Great day of fishing. Awesome diamond, Paul.

Latimeria

Triple duty indeed!

Well done Josh, Dave and Paul!  That is a beautiful Diamond Ray, Paul.  We don't see many in that size class anymore, so what a great catch!

I'll have to keep my eyes out for this Troy guy now.  He has spies up and down the coast on all the beaches! lol
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Latimeria

Where's My Beer... Glad to see you didn't die from drowning in your own juices!  Good to see you back on the sand and fishing!

j.rasta

Quote from: Latimeria on June 18, 2015, 06:18:59 AM

I'll have to keep my eyes out for this Troy guy now.  He has spies up and down the coast on all the beaches! lol

He's good people, never hurts havin friends who work for the city ;) especially when they can get on the radio and see how the beaches are at any given time, all up and down the coast, but yeah kinda tripped me out when he popped up at the surf.  He said he was gonna join the site so hopefully we'll see some reports from him, we got his number so we'll take him out and show him some of the ropes and get him on the Darkside B)

He's one of the LGs at the obstacle course so that's a big plus seein as how its kinda off limits in the summer but when u know the right people that can be worked around :D

Rammer

Stoked about that Diamond ray. It had a double stinger only took the big one.
Nice to know the lifeguards " Troy " is a fisherman and might give us a break fishing that spot this summer.
Josh catching a nice shove on 8 lb line was a pretty cool..  ;D
Rammer

WheresMyBeer

That spike was the size of a steak knife  :o :o :o

raychavez91

Awesome variety going on guys, sounds like alot of fun 8)

faster u fool

damn fine session guys.. thats a big old diamond..
GET OUT AND GET BIT..

SurffishingSean

Huge diamond ray! never seen one :o :o

TRON

What's up guys it's lg troy.. still trying to get setup. Waiting on a check.. keep me in the loop. I want to slay some beast!!!!   <'///==<

Latimeria

Quote from: TROY BOY on June 29, 2015, 12:04:30 AM
What's up guys it's lg troy.. still trying to get setup. Waiting on a check.. keep me in the loop. I want to slay some beast!!!!   <'///==<

Welcome Troy!  Rasta man was telling us that you were going to get on the boards!  Welcome!