News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Solo mission 6/17/15 - At ... the ... Buzzer!

Started by WheresMyBeer, June 18, 2015, 11:49:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WheresMyBeer

Haunted by dreams of morays twisting, knotting, even biting through wire cable the night before, I had to get back out for a shot at redemption.

Got to the spot where I wanted to set up and swimmers didn't leave until almost 8pm.
As they were walking out I immediately start chumming the water with chunks of Mac. They ask what I was fishing for ...

... Sharks .... Big ones too ... :) :)
love messing with foreign tourists ...

Found myself at 9:00p in a hurry. Couldn't believe how quick that happened ... then 9:45 in a blink of an eye after that.

Without so much as a tap for nearly two hours, I stand up to gather my things and pack it in. Get a quick look at the phone and some texts when of course the rod goes off.

Took a nice first run, then another ... but was able to turn her head and found the right cranking pace to glide her all the way in.

Tried to haul it as high up the skinny as possible and that's when the hook popped.
Jumped in after it, still green, couldn't get the tail.
Finally grabbed, fell on my butt, wave turns her snout right at me ...
Freak out, jump up, grab tail again and land it.
She was snapping and croaking like crazy. I was flat out of breath.

Solo sucks ...

Pics

70" Female, Mac center cut, upper half of the incoming, surf 1-2

Have a lot of rigs needing a re-tie ...

Hope the bite stays hot!!

WMB ...

j.rasta

That's the sh!t right there Davey Boy! Way to risk life and limb  to get your hands on the prize! You got some cajones to "jump in" after a green soupie in the skinny  :o :o :o  glad you came back with everything still in tact ;) Nice work on the solo soup wrangling, hopefully you'll have a sand hand for the next one B)

Latimeria

The head of the soupie looks a little flat in the first picture, did you fall on his head?  LOL, just kidding!

Well done!  After a long stretch of misses, you are on fire lately!  The soupie streak is extended!   8)
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

sasquatch

That's the best part of solo. The fire drill at the end. Yours sounds like a three alarmer.

raychavez91

Holy sh!t man the soupie are moving in full force, congrats on the epic solo land, gotta carry your tail rope around your waist for easy access lol

WheresMyBeer

LOL ... had it in my pocket ... but had my rod in the other hand ...  :-[ :-[

Pinoyfisher

Quote from: Latimeria on June 18, 2015, 12:06:18 PM
The head of the soupie looks a little flat in the first picture, did you fall on his head?

This had me LOL'ing at work!! Co-workers asked me what was so funny. 

Caught a soupfin huh? Been there, done that... jk! I want more!! Awesome work Dave! Solo snappy jaws landings are no joke. I hope I always run into Ramon when I land mine, his sand hand skills are up to snuff.
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

vdisney

Quote from: j.rasta on June 18, 2015, 12:03:55 PM
That's the sh!t right there Davey Boy! Way to risk life and limb  to get your hands on the prize! You got some cajones to "jump in" after a green soupie in the skinny

X2  Chu da man.............V
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Eric H