News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Triple tail in SD?

Started by Pinoyfisher, August 28, 2014, 03:30:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinoyfisher

Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

Latimeria

Mike, you literally just blew my mind with that Pacific tripletail!  WTF!?!?  Time to hit the bay I guess!  ;D
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Pinoyfisher

From what I hear, more than just that one have been caught. Good time to transplant some exotics!
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

sasquatch

Never heard of those here. I thought that was an east coast thing.

Pinoyfisher

East coast
Gulf of Mexico
Sea of Cortez
south of Cabo

And hopefully SD bay ;)
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

faster u fool

crazy catch?  how did it get here?  did that little critter swim all those miles with the warm water?  or have they been here for a while? 
GET OUT AND GET BIT..

Latimeria

Quote from: faster u fool on September 02, 2014, 10:28:21 AM
crazy catch?  how did it get here?  did that little critter swim all those miles with the warm water?  or have they been here for a while?

It's hard to tell these days whether it was placed in a bait well of a long range boat or made the journey.  There is new research out there that they do make long migrations and not just the Inshore-offshore ones on the Atlantic species which would seem reasonable if they moved offshore and rode the warm currents up to migrate inshore to our waters.  There are way too many variables to definately know for sure right now, but there is at least merit to those hyposthesis.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.