News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Rainbow Trouts Limits At Palomar Mountain 6/27/15 AM Report

Started by HalibutJoel99, June 27, 2015, 04:14:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HalibutJoel99

Just received the good news of a recent trout stock up at Palomar Mountain. Since I have never been up that way before, I thought today was a good day to try and start. Arrived at opening time and I'll tell you. It wasn't what I expected. Lots of moss and weeds everywhere, but the scenery was nice and there wasn't to many people to speak of. No wind and over cast skies made it  a nice morning. That's just like the way I like to fish usually. Had my Shimano rod tied with 4# test and brought my lure that always has worked for me in fresh water. Roostertail (Bright colors) got it at Walmart for like $2.50

For bait we had meal worms and also used a bobber with earth worms. My friend and I went to it and we got hooked up pretty fast. I got a nice stick on the roostertail and my friend did well on the worms. Nice little fight with the rainbows. It was just weird for me casting 4# test as I'm so used to So Cal Surf Fishing. Didn't take to long to adjust but did get my first limits on Rainbows. First trout I have caught in So Cal period.

Here's the pics.

A scenic shot.

more scenery

First Rainbow Trout.

more trout.

The carnage. Double limits!

The feast.

It was a good morning and something I would like to do again. Another hidden treasure that was fun to enjoy.

thanks for reading and good luck out there.

Joel

Latimeria

Damn, Nice Joel! I've never been up there before but now have the urge to go.
Great looking meal also!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Sharkinthedark II

Definitely some good lookin' vittles from the country shore Joel😋

Tim524

Nice limits 8) I went there as a kid back in the 70's and now I live 20 minutes away and haven't been back :o It's a great place to take kids ;)