News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Got One 6/27/15

Started by sasquatch, June 28, 2015, 08:36:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sasquatch

Headed out last night hoping to find a fishable section of beach. Lots of weeds lately so I looked at a few spots until I found one that seemed decent.

Waited out the boogie boarders while I set up. Don't those kids ever get cold? Guess not, I never did when I was a kid.

Finally had room for a test cast. Some grass, but not horrible, so I put out a bait.

No action, but the weeds were manageable so at least I felt like I had a chance.

Ran through a few baits and finally got a bite.

Overall lack of action and dropping tide made my decision easy and I took off.

At least I got one.

Can you ID this fish from the crappy pic?

raychavez91

Looks like a sh!t shark :)

j.rasta

Nice Lil beagle squatch B)

Sharkinthedark II

Brown smoothly for the win!

Tim524

Latimeria

I thought Juvie Soupie, but Steve wouldn't put his fingers in its mouth to check for teeth.  ??? ;D
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

WheresMyBeer

Fish Jerk

Quote from: Latimeria on June 29, 2015, 10:54:58 AM
I thought Juvie Soupie, but Steve wouldn't put his fingers in its mouth to check for teeth.  ??? ;D

Definately a smoothie. Just look at the tail and the anal fin. A soup's anal fin will be directly under the rear dorsal fin and the tail will have a larger bottom lobe. As you can see in your picture, the anal fin starts 1/2 way behind the rear dorsal and the tail has almost no bottom lobe to it.

At least you caught something. I ran north for 7's on Saturday with Verne and Scottie for nada. The tide looked good but the south current was horrible with lots of loose weed. Lucky if I got more than a 5-10 min soak per cast.

sasquatch

For me, the large second dorsal was the identifying feature. I didn't notice if the dorsal had fringes like the brown smoothies do but the color was right for one.

HalibutJoel99

Pretty impressive, Steve. Just picking a beach and pulling out grinners. Nice one!