News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Second Soupie 7/1

Started by ztesta, July 01, 2015, 11:43:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ztesta

After 2 skunks on last week's lowtide, we decided to try our luck for this week. Turns out we started July off right. Got our poles in the water at about 7 and didn't receive a bite till 8:30. It was a short run that came off before I could get to my pole. Reeled in the Mack to see a chunk sliced off but the fish just missed my circle hook. Damn. Rebait recast and just past nine I was washing my hands when B_Litz yells TESTA. I run to my pole..definitely the right kind. This one was way stronger than my first and rolled much more. We got it In and measured her at 70".  Stayed another 2 hours for no bites.

Pinoyfisher

Kick ass!!!! Action is heating up again! No kelp issues?
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

Latimeria

Man, how those bats have turned into Soups for you guys! 

Great catch and congrats!   8)
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

vdisney

Awesome, looks like you guys are killing 'em......................V
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

raychavez91

Congrats man, glad you got em...fun fight huh, keep it up man looking forward to a 7 next

WheresMyBeer

Way to dial in the target species ...  :P :P

Nice

ztesta

Quote from: raychavez91 on July 02, 2015, 08:16:49 AM
Congrats man, glad you got em...fun fight huh, keep it up man looking forward to a 7 next

Thanks man. It was a great fight...hopefully we get a seven soon.

ztesta

Quote from: Pinoyfisher on July 02, 2015, 02:51:48 AM
Kick ass!!!! Action is heating up again! No kelp issues?

Kelp was present it just wasn't snagging my line, I guess I was getting lucky.

Eric H