News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Plano boxes

Started by sasquatch, September 01, 2014, 06:59:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sasquatch

Anybody have a recommendation on storage trays? I broke a bunch of my old ones. Hit them with my truck. Dumbass move. Whatever.

I bought a couple boxes a month or so ago. Yesterday I went to open them and the snaps broke so they won't stay closed. When I picked up one of them my thumb broke through the top. They earn the rating of "Piece of sh!t"

Suggestions for a durable box?

Latimeria

I have about every brand you can think of and always go the cheap route for some reason.  The ones that I've had the longest are the Plano Pro-Latch boxes.  I also like to put a lot of heavy stuff and even lead in there and they are still holding up although I do need to replace them soon.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

MASSfisher

A little off topic but does anyone know of any type of box that is roughly 8.5" x 7.5"? Even an 8" x 7" box would be perfect. I have a new surf fishing "bag" that meets those dimensions. I want to put all my lucky crafts in one box and am growing tired of using multiple boxes or finding one box that is way too big.

And sasquatch, I use the Flambeau Boxes with no problems at all. They seem more durable than Plano boxes (in my opinion).

sasquatch

Yeah, I like the Flambeau boxes too. They were out of the size I was looking for when I bought those two. Currently trying Turners brand. Not my favorite, too few dividers, but they are better than nothing.