News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Halibut On The LC in NCSD 7/16/15 AM Report 7/16/15

Started by HalibutJoel99, July 16, 2015, 06:44:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HalibutJoel99

What started out as a terrible week, finally things are starting to look better. I went out earlier one morning this week and on every cast I was getting a pound of salad on every cast. Completely unfishable. Started in the dark this morning wand tied on the Chartreuse LC 100 pointer and went to work. No bites in the dark, but when it was light out that was key. Made this Halibut Hunter finally leave the beach with a smile. Target acquired!

Almost legal, just shy of 22 inches. Well with her mouth open it was legal. LOL! Back in the drink she went and I'll be back again tomorrow.

Conditions were great this morning. No wind and not to much salad to speak of. Although when the tide changed the waves did pick up. I was jumping over waves and tried not to get blasted to much. But I stood my ground and left the beach with a smile.

Here is the pics.

Oh and I did lose a monster Halibut because my drag wasn't set right. Dammit! lesson learned again.

Thanks for reading and good luck out there!

Until next tide.

Joel

8)

raychavez91

Latimeria

HalibutJoel99 at it again!  You know, you are an alright dude ...for a Red Sox fan.  ;D
You can't catch them from your computer chair.