News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

surf checks ands ghosts! 7/16

Started by SurffishingSean, July 16, 2015, 11:59:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SurffishingSean

what a day! Rick has been getting owned by legal wsb recently. they are out there! ;)  The grunion run is happening and there are birds working the area! I Saw something BIG make a big splash 75 yds out. WSB i'm thinking...

We get to the area around 10am. Rick was lagging and had to fix some line so I scrambled down. The el nino is coming and its going to be insane this year! i can't wait for it to unfold.

-Me 8 calico, 2 wsb
-Rick 3 calico, 1 mack, 1 queenfish

1st lil beaut of the day.

Got another small one then scored a nice surf bass! Thats 3 before Rick had even made it to the zone! :lol:

Rick arrived and the action continued. He reeled up a queenfish and a mac. Then i got another small one and this decent one.

I scored another nice bass!

Rick takes Hog of the day and scored a chunky 17"!!

Then i got into some Juvi's

Second one. Look at that gorgeous shimmer!

Snapped a second pic of this one.

Devastator

Nice cathces! I've never been surf fishing. What beach did you catch these beauties? Do you have to cast out far? Thanks! Fish On!

Pinoyfisher

Sweet surf checkers and mini ghosts!!
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

Latimeria

That is a fantastic surf session!  You guys have been rocking the finfish!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

BackBayMan

Anybody have an emergency beer?