News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Summertime Sevengill (7/21)

Started by Latimeria, July 22, 2015, 03:14:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latimeria

Daylight fishing in the summer is pretty damn tough in Southern California.  Almost no space is available to fish without tourists, so it is best to wait until the sun starts to set.  The problem is it sets pretty damn late and I have to go to work early in the morning. 

Plenty of Sun, People and Kelp at 7:30pm.

I caught a shovelnose before seeing signs that an elusive monster is also lurking this beach.

The first sighting didn't come until dark in the 11th hour when on our last bait, the Sasquatch makes his move and gets bit by the right kind!

Not a shabby one at 6 feet during the incoming tide. 

Steve was well over due, and our evening fishing window is very short, so we made the best of it.

Congrats Steve!  I'll get you added to the list.  8)
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

vdisney

Awesome, good to see one hit the sand..............V
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

sasquatch

It was a looong afternoon waiting for prime time. I was ready to split, but decided to use up my bait since it had already made a few trips to the beach.

I was using my very last piece of bait when I got bit. The rod bent over and the fish instantly began thrashing the surface. It was so loud you could easily hear it over the noise of the surf.

Glad we stuck it out.

xjchad

Castmaster

spideyjg

Nice to see some action happening again. What time did it hit?

I may do a short session tomorrow night.

Jim

sasquatch

Got bit around 920 pm. Good luck.

Fish Jerk

Awesome job. Glad to finally see another toothy hit the sand. It's motivating me to go after the VC 7's again. I'll get lucky one of these days.

raychavez91

Awesome man, way to motivate the crowd 8)

TRON

F yea!!! That's a nice seven gill.. great job!!! Can't wait to fish with you legends <°)))))))^==<

HalibutJoel99

That is a nice one, Steve! Nice going!  8)

1morecast

Nice one Steve! Your giving us hope again!
2016 Summer Shark Fishing Champion :)
Twenty Three (23)

BackBayMan

Nice! I was starting to be afraid they were all sucked away in a Sharknado 8)
Anybody have an emergency beer?

Pinoyfisher

Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

Eric H