News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Krocodile Question

Started by HalibutJoel99, September 05, 2014, 06:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HalibutJoel99

Was wondering if there was a way to keep the stock treble hooks from rusting? I do rinse off after every session with fresh water. It seems there is a welded ring keeping the treble on. Is it hard to cut off this ring? Is it hardened steel? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks! :o

Latimeria

Quote from: HalibutJoel99 on September 05, 2014, 06:19:15 PM
Was wondering if there was a way to keep the stock treble hooks from rusting? I do rinse off after every session with fresh water. It seems there is a welded ring keeping the treble on. Is it hard to cut off this ring? Is it hardened steel? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks! :o

Wait to see what others would say Joel, but I would buy Gamakatsu Siwash hooks and just cut the treble off and leave the welded ring.  I think that would be your best bet.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

MASSfisher

Quote from: HalibutJoel99 on September 05, 2014, 06:19:15 PM

I've never tried to cut it off but I'm sure a tough pair of dikes would do the trick. After that you can add an Owner split ring (or split ring of your choice) which would allow you to change hooks a little bit easier.