News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

OB fishing the surf???

Started by spideyjg, July 29, 2015, 11:25:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spideyjg

The parking lots are open late around OB pier and park, unlike around MB but how is the fishing down there?

Or is it full of drunk yahoos from all the bars and not safe?

Jim

Latimeria

I never felt unsafe on that pier, even at night although you will see some sketchy people.  It is more like a 3rd world country on there at night.  Steve and I went out Thresher Shark fishing at 3:30am on there and it was a diverse bunch of people out there (Never thought a pier would be so crowded so early).

It would always be best to have someone with you or just keep your guard up.  I've never had a problem, but I could totally see it if I ever hear about something.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

spideyjg

I was thinking of hitting the pier to make bait and then the sand.

C/R might be a challenge on big critters from the pier.

Jim

Latimeria

I have a pier gaff so no C&R. Yep, tough to do so on the pier.

vdisney

Quote from: spideyjg on July 29, 2015, 11:25:17 PMOr is it full of drunk yahoos from all the bars and not safe?   Jim

HEY, I resemble that remark  :o
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Latimeria

Quote from: vdisney on August 04, 2015, 04:05:11 PM
Quote from: spideyjg on July 29, 2015, 11:25:17 PMOr is it full of drunk yahoos from all the bars and not safe?   Jim

HEY, I resemble that remark  :o

LOL