News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Square Boma Update

Started by Latimeria, August 02, 2015, 05:53:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latimeria

Well I replaced the coils and was expecting a great trial sea run today out in the tuna grounds!

Out with the old...

In with the new!

Well I got about 6 or 7 miles from the inlet and it just started stalling.  It ran perfect and I don't think it's the coils, but is getting starved from gas?  Black Box?  f@ck!!!!!!!

I usually can start it when I get home, but I couldn't even do that today.  With the motor trying to turn over and letting the water run through the muffs as I was cranking the engine, I saw some nasty sludge in the bin....  Probably from not firing right and driving in slow?  I usually get a little of it coming out the prop, but NOTHING like this.  Time to investigate 3 good options....

I'm not a happy camper right now.  I wasn't sure if I could make it back.  The minute I would stop or put it in neutral, it would stall..... ~sigh
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

sasquatch

j.rasta

Hurtin boss, looks like your wifeys savings are gonna get dipped in to a lil bit more, good luck and hopefully you'll be ready while the Tunas still biting B)

WheresMyBeer

Keep your sea tow paid up.   ;)

Heard a boat call in asking for pricing yesterday morning. Response was "$250 / hr ... your cost about $1500-$1800"

Yikes  :o :o

skrilla

Well at least you don't have back problems... oh wait  ;D

Latimeria

Got the motor running again. Problem solving is leading me to gas tank now... Big victory though as I replaced all the fuel lines and not just pressure testing them. Never ending search...

Tim524

I hate when things go sour :'( Hope you bring it back to life soon :)

Latimeria

I think I may have the problem solved.  I will know for certain tomorrow...  My fingers are crossed! Either way it will cost me, but not as much as a new motor will!  ;D

Tim524

Money grows on trees, slap a 4 stroke on it and call it good  ;D

WheresMyBeer

Quote from: Tim524 on August 04, 2015, 02:33:15 PM

My tree died with this drought a long time ago.  >:(

Can't seem to grow a new one either. Damn kids.  :(

Latimeria

Quote from: WheresMyBeer on August 04, 2015, 08:29:33 PM
Quote from: Tim524 on August 04, 2015, 02:33:15 PM

My tree died with this drought a long time ago.  >:(

Can't seem to grow a new one either. Damn kids.  :(

Crap, I was going to say my kids snuck out and axed my tree down years ago...  about the same time the bubble drought hit.  LOL

I'm fairly certain I found the problem and I'm going to work on it today.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Latimeria

Well, I'm not sure if this is the problem or only a part of the problem.  I was having fuel pick up problems and have not confirmed that it was what was causing the motor being sluggish as I remember priming the bulbs with Steve one time and it not correcting the issue. 

In any case, I replaced the fuel line with a new one and kept playing with the gas tank pick up assembly.  I noticed that the O-ring that was on the pick up tube was rather loose where it would insert into the assembly.  I was not getting any suction in the primer bulb, so I switched the O-ring to a brand new one and it seems to have increased the suction in the gas line by at least 70%.  I think there is still an issue somewhere in there, but am not certain.

Just to think, this 25 cent piece could be the cause of all my aggravations?

I doubt this was the issue, but most likely a part of the problem as a whole.

Time for more testing and more time problem solving. ~sigh~

Tim524

Sometimes it's the simple things...... it would be cool if you fixed the problem 8)

WheresMyBeer

So you're sucking better now?  Did that help with the discharge?  :P :P :P

skrilla

Way to hunt down that gremlin.  8)