News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Bait trip (08-06)

Started by Pinoyfisher, August 07, 2015, 10:09:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinoyfisher

Solid bonito fishing off the OB pier. Caught my limit, one on a vertical jigged 3/4oz chartreuse Mega Bait and the rest on a homemade splasher rig.

Also saw this toad of an opaleye caught near the reef area off of market shrimp. The lid is for a 5g bucket to give you some reference.

Didn't see any macks caught. YFC also being caught in the suds. Prepped the bonies for shark bait and they were full of anchovies.
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

sasquatch

Pinoyfisher

Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

HalibutJoel99

Nice baits and toad Opaleye!

sasquatch

Quote from: Pinoyfisher on August 07, 2015, 10:35:06 AM
Quote from: sasquatch on August 07, 2015, 10:30:40 AM
Nice baits, Mike.

All I need is a nice shark.

Bonito has been very productive for me. Even baits I normally wouldn't have used, but they were my last bait.

Latimeria

Quote from: Pinoyfisher on August 07, 2015, 10:35:06 AM
Quote from: sasquatch on August 07, 2015, 10:30:40 AM
Nice baits, Mike.

All I need is a nice shark.
All I need is for Binh to get a nice shark first...   :o ;D
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

vdisney

Nice bunch of bones, that Opal is a toad
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Tim524

How do you rig a 5 Gal. lid  ???  ;D  Doesn't matter. Bihn will lose it in the Bay ;D ;D ;D ;D

Eric H

The shovel nose are gona love those  ;D :P