News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Triple Carb Rebuild

Started by Latimeria, August 21, 2015, 06:24:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latimeria

Well, I started yesterday and so the process begins....

Plastic cover removed and top carb removed.  Going to try and do one at a time since I hopefully wont have to mess with the linkage too much and have to fine tune all the adjustments.  First time rebuilding carbs and heard it was easy, but I even hate taking my reels apart to clean them so you know where I'm at.
I just hope this fixes the issue!

I keep hearing about a carb jet screwdriver, but am wondering if a small flathead will work for this also....

You can't catch them from your computer chair.

sasquatch

Latimeria

WheresMyBeer

Oooohhhh ... brings back memories (shudder) ...

Don't break any bolts  ;D

Pinoyfisher

Brings me back to power mechanics class in high school!
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

WheresMyBeer

Make sure to strip the old gasket residue off completely before putting on the new  ;)

Latimeria

Quote from: WheresMyBeer on August 25, 2015, 07:51:42 AM
Make sure to strip the old gasket residue off completely before putting on the new  ;)

It's all done.  No going back now....

sasquatch

Don't want to hear that when we reach the kelp.

Pinoyfisher

What'd you do with the extra parts?  ;)
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

Tim524

Latimeria

Well, it will be a wet test run today...

Latimeria

Well, that was a bunch of crap and it is worse than before since I can't even launch the damn thing.  It runs great without a load, but stalls immediately when I put it in gear...  Time to go kill something to get my aggressions out...

Tim524

Are you sure a fuel line isn't getting pinched when putting it in gear ? does it stall in reverse too ?

Latimeria

Quote from: Tim524 on August 25, 2015, 08:10:19 PM
Are you sure a fuel line isn't getting pinched when putting it in gear ? does it stall in reverse too ?
Forward and reverse. I watched it also as I put it in gear. Ran great in gear out of the water.

Latimeria

The surf treated me well tonight.  It made up for the disappointing boat run.   8)