News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Hunting Hammers 8/27/15

Started by sasquatch, August 28, 2015, 04:58:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sasquatch

Acted on some reliable third hand info and headed out for a quick week night session. Thought I had a shot at a hammer. Longshot, but, hey, sometimes they come in.

Got to the beach around 7. Packed. Had to circle twice to get a spot. On the way I saw a couple guys set up with long rods. They must have been after Jaws because they had the biggest gaff I've ever seen. Could have fit my head in the hook with space all around.

Anyway, got to the water and it is wall to wall people. I spotted a human free zone and hoofed it over.

Bait in the water and enjoy the sunset.

Not much going on, but I did manage a nice leopard before the impossible grass started moving in.

Not bad for a quick session.

Latimeria

Just one more week until it starts to wind down!  God, I hate the beach crowds.

Pretty funny with the huge gaff!  I wonder if they lurk on these boards or not?

Nice Leppo, by the way.  8)
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Tim524

The shirt looks familiar  ;D Nice Leo

spideyjg

I was also on the hammer hunt but got nothing.
I was hoping to get a small ray to stick on the long rod as Hammers love them.

Jim

Eric H

sasquatch

Quote from: Eric H on August 29, 2015, 08:11:20 AM
A gaff, that's pretty silly.

It wasn't just a gaff. It was the biggest gaff I've ever seen. Looked 8 feet long with a 10-12 inch hook.

HalibutJoel99

Castmaster

Can't even imagine a tug-o-war with a hammerhead from the surf.  Nice leo!

vdisney

Quote from: sasquatch on August 29, 2015, 08:14:07 AM

It wasn't just a gaff. It was the biggest gaff I've ever seen. Looked 8 feet long with a 10-12 inch hook.

There's been times I wish I had one for the surfers  :o
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Latimeria

Quote from: vdisney on August 29, 2015, 04:40:45 PM

There's been times I wish I had one for the surfers  :o
LOL
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

spideyjg

Maybe they have gotten tired of swimmers coming into the area not seeing the fishing rod so wanted to up the ante.

Jim

Pinoyfisher

Starting to sound like a scene from Jaws! All this hammer talk is bringing out the "big game hunters".  ::)
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)