News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

LJ 9/3

Started by skrilla, September 05, 2015, 01:56:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skrilla

Finally broke out of my weekend warrior status. Hit the jewel on Thursday since this weekend is gonna be a cluster-F*. Woke up with a sore shoulder from the last trip but I remind myself getting old isn't for the weak.

Sunrise launch. Picked off a few latina macks at kelp's edge. Then paddled away from furbag central.

Zig zagged between 23 and 25 fathoms. After about a half hour the reel went screamin. Set the drag, played tug of war, then eventually sunk a gaff...

Bled and gilled, went 18lbs and change.

Back home before lunch. Shoulder now twice as sore. Thought about icing it, but fish needs it more than I do. Filled the cooler with the cold stuff then fixed me a plate of mossback from last Saturday. Just another day El Nino 2015.

Latimeria

Beautiful catch Len!  Getting old sure does suck.  I'm not sure if there is a part on my body that actually doesn't hurt.  lol

I was hopefully going to see you out there on Thursday, but my boat couldn't make it past the Jetty Kelp.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

sasquatch

Home before lunch is nice.

Pinoyfisher

Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)