News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Corvina On The LC In NC PM Report 9/11/15

Started by HalibutJoel99, September 12, 2015, 09:32:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HalibutJoel99

Felt good about heading out this evening and trying for some Corvina and Barracuda. High tide was 5.9 at 9PM. Surf was down a little, so I thought it would be a good time to try for some Silver bullets.

Girl said she wanted to go fishing and I said let's do it! ;)

Tied on the Lucky Craft Sexy Smelt 115 MR Ayame with brand new trebles.
Great night to be out fishing and not to many people around. Using my Sedona C 5000 Spinner, I went to casting. About 30 minutes in I get a huge explosion. WHAM!! knew I got a good hook set on her and it was fish on! Very fun battle and she came top water thrashing the surface. I was standing on some rocks so I knew the landing wasn't going to be easy. She did smash a few rocks on the way in but I couldnt really help that from happening. I tried too! Decided it was best to keep this fish as I didnt think there would be a good release. Girl was happy and even wanted to hold the prize.

Sorry the pics aren't the best. Corvina was 21 inches and had some really nice looking fangs!

Here is a few pics.

And a happy girl. She wants to go more now. Super happy bout that.

Great night out fishing and spending quality time together. Thanks for reading and good luck out there!

My new favorite pic! ;) Good times!

Joel

8)

sasquatch

Not sure I have ever seen a bigger smile than that last pic.

raychavez91

Right on man, awesome seeing other couples out fishing!

Eric H

Latimeria

Excellent!  Crazy to see so many vina up there now... and great smiles all around!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.