News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Mission beach perfect conditions..

Started by spideyjg, September 13, 2015, 01:30:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spideyjg

Could not have asked for a better water scenario than tonight. No salad, small surf. OK too many people.

Tried everything and got my usual skunking. Moved to Mission Bay and the skunking continued.

I may go back to catfishing the lakes until stuff picks up.

Fished hard Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Broke a rod and lost a sand spike and not a single fish.

Jim

sasquatch

Ugh.

Never tried catfishing.

Don't give up.

raychavez91

You'll be well rewarded man, continue fishing and learning the surf

vdisney

Bummer dude, what happened to the rod and stake?  Hang in there, every dog has it's day  8)
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

sasquatch

Has to be a story about the broken rod.

spideyjg

Quote from: sasquatch on September 13, 2015, 08:53:05 AM
Has to be a story about the broken rod.

Not a good one. The cart rodholders don't accommodate both rod pieces on the 2 piece. So in a "WTF was I thinking moment" I but the top piece in one and when I hit a bump it fell through and when it hit the bump snap about a foot off the hollow end popped off.

It was a nice 10" steelhead casting rod. About a $100 mistake.

Replacement of similar....

http://www.cabelas.com/product/fishing/fishing-rods/casting-rods|/pc/104793480/c/104764680/sc/104823180/cabela-s-fish-eagle-174-50-salmon-steelhead-casting-rods/1386934.uts?destination=%2Fcatalog%2Fbrowse%2Fcasting-rods%2Fcabelas%2F_%2FN-1102351%2B1000002949%2FNe-1000002949%3FWTz_st%3DGuidedNav%26WTz_stype%3DGNU

The sand spike was my short 2' one and I probably just didn't pick it up.

Jim

Latimeria

Wow... honestly Jim, I've been in a rut lately, but you kind of picked up my spirits!  ;D

Dude... what Steve said and don't give up.  Cat fishing is sort of fresh water mud marlin fishing though.

Yeah, seriously things are all topsy turvey with this warm water and all.  It messes with the inshore fishing and things get a little mixed up. 
I think we'll try and get a group trip here soon to take over an entire beach one night.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Castmaster

Same here.  My honey hole has not been producing lately.  Went out yesterday and spent 8 hours trying to feel the burn.  even tried the small pier.   Nada!  Got many hits, but I knew they were not the right kind.  That's two weekends in a row now I had some severe stripes on my back. I'm thinking it has something to do with the water temps. Didn't even try today coz I knew it's pointless.

spideyjg

Glad to be your "man with no feet" Tom.

Taking over a beach some night sounds like a fun idea. sort of a batfight dress rehearsal

Sucks to hear everywhere is tanking but that makes me feel better that the "El Nino" great fishing is an off shore thing not inshore. Seems early on in the spring things were going off on the shore. Now that the water is super warm for SD the fish have retreated.

Jim

1morecast

Quote from: Latimeria on September 13, 2015, 04:53:58 PM
Wow... honestly Jim, I've been in a rut lately, but you kind of picked up my spirits!  ;D

Dude... what Steve said and don't give up.  Cat fishing is sort of fresh water mud marlin fishing though.

Yeah, seriously things are all topsy turvey with this warm water and all.  It messes with the inshore fishing and things get a little mixed up. 
I think we'll try and get a group trip here soon to take over an entire beach one night.

I'm down for that! Let's all hit your honey hole Tom.  ;D
2016 Summer Shark Fishing Champion :)
Twenty Three (23)

sasquatch

Quote from: 1morecast on September 16, 2015, 04:03:03 PM

I remember when there was a honey hole. Easier to decide where to fish. Now it's which arrow in the quiver do we use today.

Pinoyfisher

Quote from: 1morecast on September 16, 2015, 04:03:03 PM

Sounds like Tom's horse still needs a little help even with me laid up for a bit  ;)
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)